The good news to realize is that the best bicep workout to increase arm size is actually quite simple.
The bicep is perhaps one of the most well known and most popular muscles, and many of us out there want to focus on toning and conditioning this muscle to increase arm size.
Make no mistake - when you use the best bicep workout regularly, you can dramatically improve the shape and look of your upper body with real results. The bicep is a small muscle that has a basic function.
It contracts to flex the elbow and changes the angle between your upper and lower arm. For this reason, strength training with a bicep workout is actually much easier than you may think.
All you have to do is use resistance to draw your upper arm and forearm together, toning and defining the muscle as a result. Keep in mind that not all exercises in the best bicep workout will be equal.
It is important to do your research and choose the right exercises to tone and strengthen your arms so that you see actual results.
The Best Bicep Workout for Arm Size
• Standing Barbell Curl:
The standing curl is a foundational part of a bicep workout to increase strength and size. This barbell curl can be classified as a compound bicep exercise since it allows you to increase weight and resistance while simultaneously training the forearms and bicep muscles as you lift weights.
Standing barbell curls are a must in a bicep workout if you want large, strong arms in a short amount of time.
1. Hold the barbells in your hands shoulder width apart with your arms hanging down by your side.
2. Keep your elbows close to your sides, and begin to curl the barbells toward your chin.
** It is important that you keep tension on your biceps at all times. Do not make the mistake of letting your arms swing or relax when you complete one repetition. As long as you keep tension throughout the exercise, you will see results.
• Hammer Curl:
The best bicep workout for those with weak wrists or a wrist injury is the hammer curl. The hammer curl will work to effectively develop the forearms and bicep muscles.
Many people find that they can lift much more weight using a hammer curl than a regular curl, and it puts less strain on the wrist as a result.
1. Start the exercise by holding two dumbbells at your sides with your palms facing inward.
2. Keep your elbows tucked into the sides of your body, and begin curling upward.
3. Curl the dumbbells up as high as you can without straining or moving your elbows.
4. At the end of the repetition, the flat side of the dumbbells should come close to your shoulder.
** Once again, make sure that your arms remain taut throughout the exercise, and do not swing or relax at the bottom of the repetition.
• Bent-Over Rows:
If you want to gain serious mass in a bicep workout, it is time to use the bent-over row. This exercise can be done using barbells or a weighted bar.
To perform the exercise,
1. Hold the bar with your palms facing away and your hands shoulder width apart.
2. Bend over without straining your back so that your torso is parallel to the floor.
3. To perform the motion, bring the barbell up toward your stomach, and lower it down again so that your arms are almost completely extended.
**Remember to keep your elbows tucked into your sides, and always keep your arms tense to receive the greatest benefit from this exercise.
These three exercises make up the foundation of the best bicep workout.
When you perform them regularly in addition to your strength training and cardio routine, you will be able to see serious results in bulk and size as you build lean muscle mass in your arms.
As always, remember to pair your strength training workout with a complete nutrition plan that is high in protein so that your muscles can recover and grow in size much quicker!