If you’ve ever envied toned celebrity arms and wished that your upper body could look the same way, now it’s time to do something about it.
It all starts with using the right arm toning exercises to create a sleek and shapely appearance to your upper body.
If you are a woman looking for arm toning exercises, there is no reason to worry about bulking up your upper body. Women do not have the capacity to create muscle mass like men do.
This means that you can use a wide variety of toning exercises to successfully sculpt your upper body without having to worry about looking beefy or heavy.
For men, these exercises are just as effective to condition and tone the upper body. The best toning exercises will focus on the biceps, triceps, shoulders, and even the chest so that you have the well-rounded and attractive upper body that you are looking for.
To perform the first exercise, you can use simple equipment like a dumbbell, barbell, or medicine ball. If you workout regularly at the gym, there are also a number of machines designed specifically to tone and shape the arms.
One of the simplest arm toning exercises to begin with is the dumbbell press. In this exercise, you will perform 6 to 8 repetitions for a full set with 3 sets in total. The dumbbell press primarily works out the shoulders and is performed with free weights or dumbbells.
1. Start the exercise by holding a 10 pound dumbbell in your right hand in front of your shoulder with your palm facing inward.
2. Stand comfortably with your feet shoulder width apart and your left hand on your hip.
3. Bend slightly at the knees.
4. Straighten your legs completely as you press your weight over your head.
5. Return to your starting position, and repeat the exercise.
If you are looking for more of a challenge in this arm toning exercise, then slowly bring the weight down when you return to starting position.
If you bring down the weight quickly, then you will not be working out your arms fully. However, if you concentrate on bringing the weight down slowly and steadily, then you will condition your arms in both the upward and downward motion.
One of the most effective arm toning exercises to do at the gym is the cable row with the use of the cable pulley machine.
1. Start out light by loading 10 to 15 pounds on the cable pulley machine equipped with a barbell or rope handle.
2. Grasp the handle in your right hand, and raise your arm to shoulder height in front of you with your palm facing the floor.
3. Stand with your right foot in front of your left foot facing the machine with your knees slightly bent.
4. Begin the exercise by pulling the handle toward your right shoulder with your hips and shoulders still facing the machine.
5. Return slowly to starting position for one repetition. Complete this exercise in 12 repetitions in 3 sets total.
This cable row works to effectively tone and shape the shoulders. You can see even greater results if you keep your elbow straight out to the side to place more of an emphasis on your rear deltoid.
Of course, if you want to see any results from these arm toning exercises, then it is important to work out your full body with strength training and cardio exercises.
Although you may want to target your upper body to quickly condition your upper arms, it is helpful to balance out your upper body strength training and toning exercises with a full lower body workout program.
When you build lean muscle mass from head to toe, then your body will naturally burn more calories at rest. This will ensure that you can maintain a healthy weight to get rid of any body fat so that your arms appear toned and sleek even more quickly.
In addition, make sure to focus on a high protein diet with complex carbohydrates to give your muscles the fuel that they need to repair quickly for a conditioned physique!