There are two main muscle groups in your back that are visible even when you are wearing clothing called the trapezius and latissimus dorsi.
These are important muscle groups to focus on if you want serious definition in your entire torso. In fact, you may already be familiar with both of these muscle groups.
The lats are the muscles that run from your underarms to your waist, and these are the visible muscles when you flex your back in a bodybuilding posture. The traps are the muscles found at the base of the skull on either side of the neck, and they run in a diamond shaped toward the middle of the torso.
When you sculpt both of these muscle groups together, you will see serious definition and enhancement in your muscle mass.
Of course, women can also see results from working both of these muscle groups so that you can look beautiful, sculpted, and slim in a strapless dress or bathing suit.
One of the best exercises that you can do is the Bent Over Barbell Row, which will give strength and thickness to your upper body.
It is highly essential to use proper form because if you do a bent over barbell row improperly, you could risk strain on your torso.
1. This exercise is best done by standing straight on both feet holding a loaded barbell. Make sure that you are holding only the weight that you can handle so that you do not risk strain or injury to your torso.
2. Stand shoulder width apart, and make sure that your knees are slightly bent.
3. Bend your body over until it is at a 45° angle, and try to stay parallel to the floor without straining or bending your torso.
4. From there, hang the weight straight down below your chest, and keep your palms facing toward you.
5. To begin the row motion, use your strong torso muscles to pull the barbell directly to your chest.
At this time, make sure that your elbows are tucked, head up, back completely straight, and no bouncing in your motion.
6. Lower the barbell down, and repeat this motion again for 12 reps to complete the exercise.
You can do three sets of 12 reps of this exercise three times per week to dramatically tone and define your muscle mass.