Your legs provide the basis for your daily activity, and the best leg exercises from the experts will get you on the right track to toning and strengthening your legs for immediate results!
Every muscle in the legs has numerous functions, which is why it is helpful to do a variety of workouts for this area of the body to keep it challenged and increase strength.
The good news to keep in mind is that the easiest best leg exercises work for everyone, whether you are male or female, young or old.
The goal of these types of exercises is to keep you healthy and provide a number of conditioning benefits to prevent injury in daily activity.
Furthermore, if you exercise regularly, you will see even greater results from using these leg exercises to strengthen your lower half!
Best Calf Leg Exercises
To workout your calf muscles, you don't need any kind of special equipment, only a ledge or step.
This can be done on the stairs around your house, either indoor or outdoor.
1. All you have to do is stand with one leg on the step, and the other leg lifted slightly behind you.
2. Position all of your weight carefully on the ball of your foot on the step, and begin to slowly raise your leg to do 20 repetitions.
As you can see, this exercise will instantly target the calf muscles so that you feel a burn right away.
Best Hamstring Leg Exercises
1. To workout your hamstrings and glutes, lie flat on your back on the floor with your knees bent.
2. Begin to pull your stomach into your belly button to engage your abdominals, and keep your back straight while you lift your hips from the floor.
3. Hold this for a moment, and then return to the starting position.
This bridge exercise will work your glutes, and it will also increase the strength of your hamstrings as an added benefit.
Best Thigh Leg Exercises
The squat is one of the best exercises to start out with when toning your legs because it targets numerous muscle groups at one time.
This is an exercise that you may be familiar with, but to make it more challenging, hold dumbbells in your hands while doing the exercise.
1. As you squat, make sure to only lower your glutes down until they are even with your knees, and keep your knees aligned with your ankles throughout the exercise to prevent injury.
2. Do 12 repetitions and three sets of this exercise to see the greatest results.
What are your favorite leg exercises to tone and condition your lower half?