A kickbacks exercise is a popular exercise to begin with that targets the triceps, and it is truly one of the best workouts to use as recommended by personal trainers!
1. Start out by taking a dumbbell in one hand, and place your opposite knee on a weight bench.
2. Keep your other foot firmly planted on the floor, and bend at the waist and support your upper half with your opposite hand on the weight bench.
3. Hold a dumbbell in your hand with your arm against your side, and make a 90° angle at the elbow.
4. Slowly exhale, and extend your arm until it forms a straight line with your body, flexing and targeting the triceps in this exercise.
5. Repeat this motion for 12 repetitions and three sets.
Glute kickbacks are another ideal exercise to add to your workout if you want to condition your lower half.
This will give you a tight and firm butt, while also working on your core strength.
1. To begin the exercise, start out on your hands and knees on a workout mat.
2. Make sure that your back remains neutral, and lift one of your legs toward the sky with a flexed foot in a kickback motion.
3. Make sure that your glutes are flexed and engaged throughout the exercise for the greatest results, and return to starting position.
4. Repeat 15 repetitions of the exercise on either leg with three sets each for a total workout.
** For more experienced exercisers, squats will give you even greater results in tightening your butt and toning your thighs.
This exercise does require balance, so it may not be suitable for those who are new to exercise.
1. Start out by standing with your feet shoulder width apart, and hold dumbbells in either hand.
2. Keep your elbows bent at your sides, and squat down until your thighs become parallel to the floor.
3. Keep your knees above your ankles at all times, and slowly rise up from this position while extending your left leg behind you.
4. Return to your starting position, and repeat the exercise for either leg for 12 repetitions and three sets.
As you can see, the best workouts offer a wide range of choices in toning different muscle groups in your body.
For the greatest results, alternate tricep, glute, and squat exercises within your workout program to see full body conditioning and fat burning in a short amount of time!