The Romanian deadlift can be used by men or women to tone and condition their lower half with visible results.
In fact, many women can benefit from doing this exercise to shape their glute muscles so that they can tone and condition while potentially dropping a pant size.
1. To start out this basic exercise, stand with your feet hip width apart and your knees loose and not locked.
2. Hold a barbell in front of you, and if you want to add an extra challenge to this exercise, make sure that the barbell has an ample amount of weight on it.
3. Start the Romanian deadlift by shifting your hips back and lowering the barbell to your calf level. Make sure to keep your back flat and steady the entire time so that you do not cause strain or injury.
4. Slowly return to your standing upright position by contracting and strengthening your glutes and hamstrings.
5. Repeat this exercise for 10 repetitions in three sets several times per week within your workout routine.
If you happen to be a regular runner when you exercise, the Romanian deadlift will help to give you more strength and intensity in your next cardiovascular workout.
This exercise will dramatically tone and tighten your glutes and thighs, and when you use additional weight, you will see even greater strengthening and conditioning in these areas.
As a tip, it is important not to let your back slump or round when you are performing this motion because it could cause strain.
Make sure to keep the barbell close to your body at all times, touching close to your legs when you move it up and down. In your posture, it is important to keep your shoulder blades pulled back and down throughout the exercise so that your back is not strained or affected in any way.
If you happen to use a wider grip on the deadlift exercise, it will give you a fuller range of motion. As you begin to progress in your execution of this exercise, make sure to add more weight accordingly so that you are constantly challenging your body and increasing your strength in your lower half!
This is truly one of the best exercises to integrate into your workout routine when you’re targeting your legs so that you can quickly condition and develop lean muscle mass in your hamstrings, thighs, and glutes.