Sculpted, sexy arms are possible at any age and for any gender. If you are a woman interested in the best upper arm exercises to tone your upper body, there is absolutely no reason to worry about bulking up and looking heavy.
It’s simply not possible for a woman to gain muscle mass in the same way that a man does. When you use these exercises regularly at home, you can tone and shape your arms so that you look your best in swimsuit season.
For men, the same exercises can be used at home to shape your upper body and build lean muscle mass. Depending upon how much weight you are lifting, these home upper arm exercises can be used on a regular basis to condition and build mass in your upper body as a part of a regular strength training routine.
To complete these upper arm exercises at home, all that you will need is a pair of dumbbells at the appropriate weight. It is also helpful to have a mat so that you can lay or kneel down comfortably during the exercises.
It is best to perform these upper arm exercises 2 to 3 times per week on days that are nonconsecutive. It’s also helpful to pair these strength training exercises with a regular cardio workout routine so that you can burn fat and maintain a healthy weight at the same time.
If you want to see the quickest results from this workout program, do 3 sets of the workout 3 times per week, and make sure to add 30 minutes of cardio 3 to 5 days a week to your workout program.
This simple exercise will work out two muscle groups at the same time, your abs and your arms.
1. Start the exercise by lying face up on the floor on a mat with your knees bent.
2. Extend your arms overhead holding a dumbbell in each hand. Contract your abdominal muscles, and slowly curl up to a crunch position.
3. At the same time, bring your arms directly over your knees. Hold this motion for a moment, and bring your arms back to the starting position.
Once you start to use upper arm exercises to tone your triceps, you will begin to see a world of difference. The best exercise to begin with is the overhead extension.
1. Stand comfortably with your feet shoulder width apart and your knees bent.
2. Hold a dumbbell in your right hand with your arm extended overhead. For additional help, support your right elbow with your left hand for stability.
3. Bend at the elbow, and slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head. Return slowly to starting position.
If you need to make this exercise more difficult, then increase your weight appropriately. The key to this exercise is to keep your upper arm as stable as possible so that you are only working out your triceps.
If you find that you are swinging your upper arm, focus on your form so that you do not compromise your results in the exercise.
One of the most effective exercises to tone your biceps is the hammer curl.
1. You can begin the exercise by standing with your feet shoulder width apart with your knees bent.
2. Keep your arms at your sides, holding a heavy dumbbell in each of your hands with your palms facing inward.
3. Bend your arms to a 90° angle, and then slowly curl the dumbbells up toward your shoulders.
This is one complete motion of the hammer curl. In order to see the best results from the exercise, make sure to lift and lower your weights in a slow, controlled motion. This will ensure that your biceps are worked in the upward and downward motion for the best upper arm results.
Lastly, it is always important to eat more protein when you start a strength training workout routine. Eating more protein will give you the opportunity to feed your muscles with necessary fuel so that they can repair quickly.
This will help you to bounce back so that you can continue to work and tone your upper arms effectively!